Now you are ready to start selling merchandise through you web site. There are several considerations that you should now address.First you need to decide how you want your items arranged. There are many ways that you can arrange items within your site.
First we need to review terminology:
- Merchandise is defined as any product or service that you plan to sell through you site.
- Category is defined as a group of like products or services that you want to group together.
- Item is defined as the product or service that you are selling.
Below is an overview of how you might organize you merchandise from
Here we have three different categories of items that we sell.
- Used Equipment
- New Equipment
This allows customers to select a general category. Under each of these general categories we have various numbers of other categories which further refines the items. Then under each of these categories we have the actual items that we are selling. This allows the customer to quickly navigate to the area of interest and find the item that they want to purchase. The way you organize your merchandise is up to you, but give some thought as to what will be the easiest for your customers to find and purchase the items.
Once you have determined how you want your site organized you are ready to start setting up your categories and items.
- Login as an Administrator.
- Select GamePlan in Control Panel.
- Select E-Commerce> Registration and Merchandise
- Select Merchandise Note: In this example we are setting an online store to sell Softball Bats with -4- categories of bats.
- Optional: Enter a Description for you Merchandise department.
- Select New at bottom left of screen. Repeat this for the number of Categories that you will need for your online store.
- Select New Category .
- Select the New Category you have just created. Enter the name of the Category and a description of the Category. In this example, the bat "brand name" is used as the Category Name
- Click Save
- You are now ready to setup the items on your site.
- To Subdivide the categories: Select one of the Categories> select New> Select New Item or Category
- Click New Item or Registration> Click to Expand All Items
- CLick Add a New Item In the example above, there are 4 categories
- Select Merchandise or Shipped Item. Click Next
- Enter the Name of Merchandise Item, Price you are charging, and a Description of the item. Click Next
- In the description you may want to define the sizes that you have available and any other information that will assist the customer.
- You can now select other options that are required for this item. You can attach a custom message or agreement, require a quantity be specified, additional options, or link another item with this item. An example might be a Batting Gloves or a Bat Bag that would be purchased with this item.
- Make selection, click Add selected option. Repeat as needed
- Select I’m finished adding options.
- Inventory: The site will maintain and track inventory. If you have stock on an item, you can enter the current available inventory and GamePlan will only allow the available inventory to be sold. If your inventory is unlimited then enter a -1 and GamePlan will not limit the number of items that can be sold. Then click on Next.
- Shipping: GamePlan now needs to know if you will ship this item. If this item is shipped to your customer then check the box next to This item is shipped. You can now enter the shipping weight in pounds. GamePlan will use this weight to integrate with your selected shipping methods (FexEx, UPS) to determine the shipping charges to be added to the order. You also need to enter any additional handling fees that you want added to the order.
- The item is now setup and ready for you customers to purchase. To make this item available to the customers check the box next to Item is Visible. Once you check this box and save it, the item will appear on your web site and customers may begin placing orders for this item.
To Add Long Description
Open Text Editor, click the Grabber handel and drag right to enlarge
Enter Product Information. Click red floppy disk to Save
To Add Product Image
Select Merchandise Item
Select Short or Long Description> Open Text Editor
Select Insert Media
Select or Create Store Folder
Select or Upload Image
- Set Image Size Width and Height (200 px or smaller is recommended. Click the Chain Link to lock aspect ratio)
- Set Image Alignment Left
- Set Margins or Image Padding to 10 px
- Click Insert
- Review and Edit Description as needed. Click Save
- Check Item is Displayed
Return to Main Menu