Cookies are stored on your computer by websites you visit and contain information such as site preferences or login status. This article describes how to delete cookies in Firefox.
Delete cookies for a single site
To delete cookies for one site:
- Click the menu button and choose .
Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the History section.
- In the drop-down menu next to Firefox will choose .
. The Cookies window will appear.
- In the Search: field, type the name of the site whose cookies you want to remove. The cookies that match your search will be displayed.
- Select the cookie(s) in the list to remove and click
- Click the Cookies window. Close the about:preferences page. to close
Delete all cookies
To delete all cookies stored on your computer, either open the Cookies window as explained above and use the
button, or else do the following:
- Click the menu button , choose , and then .
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.